|6:15 PM||Childcare Opens|
|6:30 – 8:00 PM||Paint Event Begins|
|6:30 – 7:30 PM||Drinks & Hors D’oeuvres|
|7:30 PM||Opening Remarks|
|7:45 PM||Silent Auction Closes|
|8:00 PM||Live Auction Begins|
|9:00 PM||Dance Floor Opens|
|10:00 PM||Event Concludes|
|10:00 PM||Childcare Closes|
Drinks and hors d’oeuvres will be served during the event. We will be sure to have options that fit all dietary needs. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for more information.
On behalf of the Event Committee, it is our great pleasure to welcome you to Westside Montessori School’s 2023 Starry, Starry Night Art Walk + Auction. We hope that this evening is an opportunity for our WMS community to unwind a little, to enjoy time with friends, old and new, and to raise staggeringly unprecedented funds for the school that we all love.
This special new event is the result of countless hours of effort from our incredible volunteers. So many parents have made tonight’s success their full-time jobs over the past several months and others have generously donated their artistic skills to make this evening possible.
In addition to our wonderful parents, our teachers and faculty have given so much beyond their vocational descriptions, that we are reminded every day of how fortunate our children are to be in this loving environment. Together, everyone has worked tirelessly to make this evening a success, and we are truly humbled by the demonstrated depths of kindness and dedication. We thank them all from the bottom of our hearts.
We wish you all an evening of good fun, great conversation, filled bellies, and emptied wallets!
The Westside Montessori School Event Committee
Melissa D. Zier
Westside Montessori School
Francie Baltazar Stonestreet
Marketing & Communications
Melissa D. Zier
BusyMo Media & Design
Head of School
Zola Salako Williams
Shin San Sam
Head of School
David LaViscount, Ph.D.
Head of Maintenance & Security
Director of Marketing & Communications
Melissa D. Zier
Director of Student Support
Shelly Julian, M.Ed.
Student Support Teacher
Toddler Teachers & Assistants
Primary School Teachers & Assistants
Lower Elementary School Teachers
Upper Elementary School Teachers
Middle School Teachers
Specialty Faculty & After-School Staff
John James (Science – Volunteer)
Laverne Jones (PE)
Home Environment Staff
1. Visit the auction website to place your bids online.
2. Incremental bids that do not meet the minimum incremental bid amount are invalid bids.
3. Read all descriptions, information, and expirations on the website and acrylic signs carefully. All sales are final. There will be no exchanges or refunds.
4. Westside Montessori School has attempted to describe and catalog items correctly, but neither warrants nor represents and in no event shall be responsible for the correctness of descriptions, genuineness, authorship, provenance or condition of the items. No statement made in this catalog, or made orally at the auction or elsewhere, shall be deemed as a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability.
5. The Auction Committee reserves the right to add or withdraw items, without notice, to or from the auction.
6. Values set forth for some items being auctioned are estimates and are not guaranteed by Westside Montessori School for tax purposes or general value. Please consult your tax advisor regarding the deductibility of your purchases.
7. Westside Montessori School is not responsible for business or other failures beyond its control, which may result in the loss or non-delivery of items purchased at the auction.
8. The Silent Auction closes approximately at 7:45 p.m. This time is an estimate. An announcement may be made prior to 7:45 p.m.
1. The live auction begins at approximately 8:00 p.m. and will continue until all items are sold.
2. To enter a bid, the bidder will raise their paddle to signal the auctioneer that a bid is being made. Any acknowledgement, whether verbal, by hand or nod of a head, etc. is a legal contract to purchase an item.
3. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer will be the buyer. In the event of a dispute, the auctioneer will have the sole and final decision to determine the successful bidder or to re-sell the item in dispute.
4. Group purchases are encouraged and welcomed; however one person must be responsible for bidding and payment. The successful bid will be entered on that person’s bid account and must be paid for in full by that person.
5. Each successful bid will be recorded and entered on the bidder’s account.
6. Payments may be made with cash, check, or credit card payable to Westside Montessori School.
Silent auction purchases will be paid online at the end of the auction.
Business Manager, Paige Chonka, will email your invoice for live auction items and casino/raffle items within a few days after the event. Payment may be made by check, cash, credit card, or PayPal and payment arrangements must be coordinated directly with Paige.
At the end of the evening, Westside Montessori School family members must pick up, and take home, all tangible items won and/or purchased the night of the gala unless special arrangements have been made in advance. If you are not a current Westside Montessori School family member, you will be able to pick up all tangible items won and/or purchased after you have received your invoice and payment has been processed. Gift cards will not be distributed the night of the Art Walk + Auction. Instead, all gift cards may be picked up from Paige starting on Wednesday, May 3, when Paige will begin accepting payments.
We want to extend our deepest gratitude to all of our volunteers, sponsors, donors, families, faculty, staff, Valerie DeLeon, Manuela Carreon, Paige Chonka, David LaViscount, Melissa D. Zier, and the community of Westside Montessori School for their time, dedication, collaboration, contribution and generosity! We look forward to sharing how your contributions this evening are going to be used to help us further our mission to improve Westside Montessori School for generations to come. Thank you for a great evening and for making our first Art Walk + Auction possible!